Sunday, October 16, 2011

Six Flags Over Texas

Hello, one and all, to another edition of Fresh New Start!

Yesterday, I went to Six Flags Over Texas with my Sunday School class. It is an annual tradition for my teachers to take their students to Six Flags for Fright Fest. It was my first time in four years to ever go to Six Flags: we used to go every summer when I was younger, but one crazy summer that all ended. So, you can see that I was excited to go.

We had a comedic and smooth, traffic-free ride down south to Arlington. We shared jokes and talked, and anticipated our full day of roller coasters and other rides. You may not believe this, but I had never been on a for-real roller coaster before. The closest things to a roller coaster I had been on were the Mini Mine Trains, and Test Track at Disney World. Today, I was going to ride real coasters, and I was excited!

When we first arrived, we had a group picture with a zombie in front of the garden. We laughed and cringed as we watched another zombie stick a screwdriver through his nose (eeewww!), and a couple of us investigated a "zombie statue" that was sitting on a bench, only to find him turning to look at them and go "Boo!". I'm not easily scared, because of some events that happened when I was only seven- but that's for another post, another day.

While some of us went to brave the Titan, the others, including me, went to this one ride where, it was the equivalent to the teacups at Disney world, only the seats were sort of swings and they themselves didn't spin a lot. It was fun, but after a while I got used to the rhythm of how the things rotated, so I got a bit bored.

By the time we got off that, the others were already in line for the Texas Giant, so we rode a log flume in the meantime. I love log flumes! They're roller coasters, without the intensity, and you get wet on a hot day in Texas. Log flumes remind me of this one time, in Silver Dollar City, I was on the American Plunge, and as we were going down I lifted from my seat a little bit- haha!

We got off the log flume, and the others were still in line for the Texas Giant. We considered El Sombrero or the Cobra next, and ended up choosing El Sombrero, because the line for the Cobra was too long. I didn't like how the Sombrero lifted randomly, and also, the ride was very short.

We stopped for a snack, and discovered that our friends were still in line for the Giant. We raced each other to the Judge Roy Scream. I loved Judge Roy Scream. I liked how is was at an enjoyable speed, and the hills weren't too steep. My friend, Madison, told me that if I enjoyed Judge Roy, I would enjoy others, like Batman. I was willing to give it a try.

The others were just getting off of the Texas Giant as we left Roy. We met up in front of Batman, and decided the line was a bit long. Some of us went to Superman, while I went with the others to Runaway Mine Train. It was fun! It was basically the same intensity of Judge Roy.

My group went to our sponsor, because we didn't know where to meet up with the others. We were going to call them if they were still in line for Superman, but discovered that out sponsor was holding all of their cell phones for safe keeping! Someone had their cell phone, because Camille, another girl in our group, was able to get in touch with another sponsor.

We all met up at Batman, and some of us wanted to ride Mr. Freeze, and others wanted to ride Texas Shoot 'em (the parachutes). We split up and agreed to meet to wrap up the day with Batman.

Here's the thing about Mr. Freeze: it is the most difficult coaster in Six Flags! I was unaware of this fact, and went with the group to the entrance. Little did I know, that that coaster was the same coaster I had been watching all day in terror. It speeds you up to seventy miles per hour in less than four seconds, shoots you through a tunnel, and up a tower, where you then back down, and go back up and over a loop. I was terrified! There I was, hanging upside down on top of all of Six Flags! I wasn't even screaming.

Once we got off Mr. Freeze, I started feeling dizzy. There was a lot of pressure on my head. I didn't want to go on Batman anymore. I just sat on the curb and watched the loops, and held my head in terrified silence. My group ended up not going on Batman, anyway, because the line was too long.

We still had time left, so we decided to go on Pandemonium, not that I heard them. I trudged along, barely mumbling when someone asked me something. Suddenly, a zombie jumped in front of me, yelling "Hello!" and I was nearly brought to tears! Remember what I said earlier about not scaring easily? I honestly don't- scare easily, I mean. It only proves I was in a deteriorated mental and physical state at the moment.

We got closer to Pandemonium, and stopped for drinks. I wasn't getting anything, and my Sunday School teacher looked at me with concern and told me to go get some water, quickly. The water instantly started to clear my head. I shouldn't have gone on so many rides without hydrating or eating. While everyone else went on Pandemonium, a teacher stayed with me in the shade, along with one other girl who wasn't a fan of the rides there. I felt better, but my head still was a little funny.

After Pandemonium, we were going to ride Yosemite Sam, because it was funny, and mild enough for me, but half of our group slipped away to the the Rock n' Rocket! We sat on a rock to watch them, and I went to get a caramel apple. With something on my stomach, I finally felt like myself again.

By the time the group got off the Rock n' Rocket, we had to leave. One of my friends said "Hey, at least you can say 'I rode Mr. Freeze- I didn't mean to, but I did it!'"

In the end, it was a good day, but I was still a little lightheaded when I went to bed last night. I'm fine now, though. In fact, I have to go- choir rehearsal!

No comments:

Post a Comment