Thursday, August 27, 2015

Little Gesture, Big Difference

This will sound silly, but the best part of my day was after school ended. Well, that or my Bible study with one of my favorite Sunday School teachers EVER. Anyway...

I was walking to my car once the bell rang, and a sort-of friend of mine ran by. As she jogged passed me, she said, "Have a good day, -redacted-". It took me by surprise. We rarely see each other or talk anymore, but she still considered me enough to say something nice to me. I don't know exactly why, but it made me really happy. I was smiling all the way home.

It made me think about how small things make a big difference. What if there were, say, a bus driver, who spends his day driving loud, smelly kids to and from school, and he barely gets any recognition or pay? I can imagine that a small "thank you" or "have a good day" would mean a lot. Even though it may be nothing to you, it can mean the world to someone who really needs some kindness.

I know Jesus did big acts of kindness in His miracles, and a HUGE one with His sacrifice on the cross, but I wonder if He ever did anything like that? Surely He'd know just who would need it and when. I'm sure He'd love it if we all showed a little more kindness.

Please, for me, try and find the one kind thing you can do this week, or each day, and do it. It may be as small as a hello, or as big as buying lunch for someone. Just do it! You might be surprised how far your best gesture can go

No comments:

Post a Comment