Saturday, September 1, 2012

Manga

Last week, I recommended Beastly to a friend of mine at school. In turn, she recommended that I read a manga book. I have tried reading manga before. It didn't work out well.

For those of you who don't know, manga is a style of Japanese writing through pictures and dialogue bubbles. What we consider to be a book's back cover is a manga's front cover. The pages are read from right to left instead of left to right. It confused me at first, but I've gotten used to it. It's all so new to me

For my first manga book, I am reading I am Here! by Ema Toyama. I picked it because it sounded a lot like my life. A girl finds herself practically invisible, and her only friends are the people who comment on her blog. Otherwise, she is completely alone. She decides to re-invent herself when the most popular boy in her class talks to her. 

I'm maybe an eighth of the way through, and so far it's pretty good. I always love manga characters. Boys are super cute, and girls look beautiful, with their flowing hair, and all that. 

This will be an interesting experiment! I will tell you how it goes in All About Books, probably.

I am going to try to update this blog daily. So, expect this blog to be much busier in the future! It might be just Mon-Sat, though, since Sundays are going to become super busy for me. Early church, brunch with my family, last minute homework, then choir or Bible study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment