Monday, September 3, 2012

Crazy Cousins, and Lanyards

As you may know (I think I've mentioned them before) I have four cousins, all silly. We'll just call them R, J, who are closer to mine and Mutt's age, EG and EB, who are still little kids.

We were all over at R & J's house last night for a huge family get together. From the moment EG and EB walked in the front door, they pounced on me and Mutt. EB wanted me to give him a piggy back ride, and EG was dog-piling on Mutt. Their mom got onto them,  so Mutt, J, and EB went to J's bedroom, and R, EG and I went to R's bedroom.

We played dolls, and fended of the boys when they invaded. Occasionally, we would invade the room they were in, too. The boys, needless to say, were playing much more rough then us girls.

One moment, we were dressing up Barbie, then we heard a thunk-thunk, then nothing. Freaking out, R and I went to investigate. One of J's closet doors had come completely off it's track (it's a sliding door)! I looked at Mutt, but he and J teasingly blamed EB. Luckily, no one had gotten hurt, so Mutt just set the door down and we went back to R's room.

After a while, some of he family, including all the boys, went outside to play croquet. I don't usually play, because I am terrible and Mutt is usually a really sore loser, and I don't like getting in the middle of his fits.

EG, however, wanted to go outside, just to bug her brother. She handed me a small fan, and a string of beads, and led me outside to where EB was playing. I didn't understand what she wanted me to do, until she started using a craft stick as a sword. She was imitating Barbie and the Three Musketeers! We pretend fought with EB, who said he was a spin-jitsu ninja, for a while, before we went back inside by order of my dad, who didn't want anyone to get seriously hurt.

When we got back inside, it was pretty close to the time that I knew to be EG and EB's bedtime, and thought things would wrap up pretty soon. EG led me back to R's room to play with  a stuffed dress-up dog he had found. EB came in a couple of times, bugging us, saying he'd leave us alone if we'd give him the money for a Lego set he had been wanting. Of course, neither of us had it. He left, and we shut the door.

Eventually, EG had the idea to hide in R's closet so that no one would find us when it was time to go, and we wouldn't have to leave. I decided to humor her, just for a little bit. But it was cramped in there! Whenever EG opened the door to go get something, it scraped my knee! I could feel my back getting out of alignment, but whenever I tried to get out, EG would come back in the room and tell me to hide again.

Finally, it was time to go, and EG's mom came and found us, and we all went home for the night. I had fun, but next time, I want to meet up with them in a place that doesn't have any closets!

Today,  my mom and I went accessory shopping. At my school, you have to wear a picture ID on a lanyard at all times, but the lanyard they give you is boring-looking. So, my mom took me around town to look for a different one. We went to two different places, but I couldn't find one that wasn't either too flashy, or too plain, like the one I have now, just in a different color.

We went home, and started looking online. At this point, I was ready to give up and just bear the one I already have. We didn't find anything special online, so sometime today or tomorrow we are going to the craft/hobby shop to look for material to make one ourselves. I don't know whether to be excited, or terrified at this prospect. The most creativity I have is in writing. Crafting isn't my strong suit. I can barely crochet on my own!

So, this will be interesting. Until tomorrow! Happy Labor Day!

1 comment: