Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tinkerbell: Secret of the Wings

I just watched the latest Disney Fairies movie, The Secret of the Wings. Everyone who reads this will know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE pretty much everything Disney, and the Tinkerbell movies are no exception.

In case you haven't seen any of the hundreds of commercials on TV about this movie, I will describe the plot: it is almost time to go back to the Mainland for Winter, and all the fairies are busy preparing. After sending off a shipment of snowflake delivery baskets, Tinkerbell looks over to the Winter Woods, where no one from the other seasons has ever gone to, because of a rule.

Tink, under the guise of helping Fawn cross some animals over the autumn-winter border, secretly crosses. When she does, her wings begin to sparkle! Fawn pulls Tink back before too long, and the sparkling stops. Fawn insists to her that it is dangerous to cross the border, but Tinkerbell is still curious as to why her wings sparkled. She sets out on an adventure to the Winter Woods, and discovers a magical secret: she has a sister!

I was captivated by the plot, because I've always felt like there is someone or someplace out there that I need to discover. Plus, I love all Disney movies in general.

I was so excited to hear about this movie, and jumped at the chance to rent it. The Amazon instant video had a hard time buffering, of course, but other than that it had clear, crisp picture on my PC. I got to see the movie either way, so I can't complain too much.

I LOVED the animation. It is AMAZING! Especially when they showed Fiona the Lynx. It was so smooth, so beautiful! And I couldn't help but love the ADORABLE LITTLE FUZZIES that Tinkerbell helped Fawn cross over the border. My heart melted at the sight of that runaway bunny, and how scared he was to cross. Why does everything small and fuzzy have to be so cute?? Very well done, Disney! The only animal I didn't like was that snitch of a Snowy Owl that Milori rode on.

The movie included very good music, which to this moment I cannot get out of my head. I especially liked "The Great Divide". It's one of those songs where the lyrics are so general, you can take it out of context and make it a gospel song! At least, from what I remember from the lyrics.

The backstories were REALLY well written and interesting. For example, the one about the two lovers from opposite sides of the border. So sweet! So sad! So Romeo and Juliet-like, which is my favorite type of romance! And, the other, about Peri and Tink's Arrival Day. It was so cool how they both said the EXACT SAME THING when they first arrived.

I got why Tink and Peri were really alike because they were sisters and all, but there were other winter fairies that were really like some warm fairies we've met, even though we are never told they are siblings. I found it a little lazy for Disney to just cut and paste the old characters to new bodies. I liked when they formed a sort of Frost Squad to save the Pixie Dust Tree, though!

Overall, I LOVED this movie, and thought that the plot was heartfelt and amazing, even to the end. I'm sad that I only have the movie for forty-eight hours!

I have a few questions, though: Clank and Bobble led Tink through Winter when she first arrived. Their wings didn't freeze and break then. Why?

Is Vidia, like, officially Tink, Ro, Sil, Fawn, and Dessa's friend now? How did that happen? I mean, obviously, it had something to do with the events of The Great Fairy Rescue, but I thought Vidia was only slightly less mean after that?

How could a wing break if it just wilted, as a winter fairy's wing would if it crossed over to Summer, Spring, or Autumn?

How did Queen Clarian and Lord Milori NOT KNOW that Peri and Tink were sisters? Do they not share the arrival dates inter-seasonally?

When Milori told Peri the story of the two lovers, he somehow got on top of that floating snowflake in Dewey's library. If his wing was still broken by that time, how did he get up there?

Was it just me, or were some of the voices, mainly of Tinkerbell's friends, different in this movie?



5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Do you regularly utilize online social websites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there spambot! Do you bug other blogs or just mine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to the minister of winter? and when did that border rule happen cause i dont remember there being that issue in the first movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't the Minister of Winter, it was the Lord of Winter, Milori, who broke his wing when he crossed to the warm side to be with Queen Clarion. I think it was a convenient plot device that they added for this movie, because, as I mentioned, Clank, Bobble and Tink flew over winter in the first movie with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't the Minister of Winter, it was the Lord of Winter, Milori, who broke his wing when he crossed to the warm side to be with Queen Clarion. I think it was a convenient plot device that they added for this movie, because, as I mentioned, Clank, Bobble and Tink flew over winter in the first movie with no problem.

    ReplyDelete